Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lync - These Are Not Fall Colors

Sometimes I go on downloading blitzes and some of the albums that sound really interesting get lost in the shuffle of other stuff, and I forget about it. Lync's These Are Not Fall Colors is one of those records. I'm not sure where it came from and I had never heard of the band until a few days ago. Lync was indie rock band from Washington in the early 90's. Super noisy guitars and angular rhythms drew comparisons to bands like Drive Like Jehu and Fugazi, which I would agree with, but Lync also had a great pop sensibility to them. The songs are intense and awash in noise, but under all of it are great hooks. Check it out if you dig 90's emo or grungey indie rock. No essay on this record...sorry (Or you're welcome...not sure)
~AB

1 comment: