Saturday, March 5, 2011

Red Hot Daggers - s/t

In the past few days I've realized that this blog has a bit further reach than I knew, and it's more than just my friends reading it. I'm totally excited about that! It's great to know that people are as excited about this music as I am. After that revelation, I realized that there is an abundance of music I haven't been posting because I figured everyone would have it already. I think I better start posting some of my friends bands, so folks outside of Edmonton can hear what this awesome town has to offer.

Red Hot Daggers were one of Edmonton's best bands that for whatever reason, not a lot of people paid attention to. Sure they were adored in the close knit hardcore community, but in my eyes, these guys should have been legends. They played everything fast and hard, but managed to maintain a great deal of passion and emotion in their songs. A great mix of hardcore, noise and emo, with elements of dance rhythms and pop hooks.

I spent 2 weeks of my life seeing this band every night and never once did I feel like they were less important than the night before. They were and still are one of my favorite local bands and I miss them a ton! I have a really hard time putting my love for this band into words, so you should just disregard everything I just typed, download this record and jam the hell out of it. You'll get it.
~AB

2 comments: