Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Republic of Freedom Fighters - 12"

How have I never heard of this band until today!?! One listen through and I can already tell it's going to get a ton of plays! Great mid 90's screamo from Victoria, BC. It actually reminds me a lot of Shotmaker in terms of melody and structure, however, where Shotmaker seemed to favor bass heavy songs, Republic of Freedom Fighters is definitely more focused on guitars and feels a bit more frantic. The vocals are fantastic...just the right amount of screaming balanced out by the somewhat whiney shouts. I don't even know what else to say about this. It's a fantastic piece of Canadian emo history, and another example of how amazing this crazy country of ours is for music.

Seriously, go download this RIGHT NOW. It's so so so good. For fans of Navio Forge, Shotmaker, Funeral Diner, Etc.
~AB
PS. Sorry about the pic, it's the best I could find

3 comments:

  1. I totally blogged this a couple days ago on our blog too! Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike? I think so!
    ~AB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody hell, this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete