Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grow Weaker - Demo

Grow Weaker is another mystery band (forgive me for starting every post in this manner!) but what a mystery they are. Admittedly I didn't give them much of a listen...so much so that I cannot recall where I downloaded this record. I can't even find information on the band or the original blog I downloaded it from after nearly an hour of googling. All I could find was a blank myspace for a band in Poland.

I can't even really explain this demo, but I'll try my best. It's really noisy and dark, and at times has a very straightforward hardcore vibe to it...but under it all of beats the heart of an emo band. The guitar is doing some really weird stuff that I can only describe as (sorry purists) skrammy and the vocals are desperate and frantic. The band dwells on these quiet-ish parts that give this album a lot of breathing room, despite being incredibly chaotic and dense. It's definitely a punishing 10 minutes of music.

I really wish I knew more about Grow Weaker, or even had more to say about it. Download it and give it a chance. I definitely slept on it for too long...and now I can't get enough of it. If anyone has any information on this band, please let me know, I'd love to obtain this cassette.
~AB

1 comment:

  1. Shit! Totally found this on Music for Nothing Nothing.

    Check this blog out, it's amazing and run by good dudes.

    http://musicfornothingnothing.blogspot.com/2010/01/grow-weaker-demo.html

    ReplyDelete