Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meneguar - I Was Born at Night

Music is more than notes and words and chords strung together to make something beautiful. It's the soundtrack to every experience and relationship you have in your life. As cornball that sounds, I really believe in it and it's for this reason I hold some records very close to my heart. Meneguar, to me, represents this really awesome time in my life when I met some of the most amazing people that I'm proud to call my friends now. This group of friends help introduce me to so much new and fantastic music. I remember spending long winter afternoons at the SnicPit just talking about music while my iPod was filled to the brim for new jams to discover. (Courtesy of Mr. Frena. Thank you sir)

Meneguar's I Was Born at Night was one record that really stood out for me during that time. I spent a good portion of that winter jamming this record on cold bus rides across town and hellish 8 hour days in front of the computer. As far as sound goes, think Brainworms' jagged yet strangely melodic guitar work, mixed with Archers of Loaf's weirdo angular indie rock and a ton of poppy goodness. All you really need to know is this is some really great indie rock with a lot of hidden complexity that shows itself after a few listens. It might not stick the first time, but I guarantee it will grow on you.
~AB

1 comment: