Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fuck Tower - Demos

I just need to take care of a little business real quick. Firstly, I really pride myself on keeping this blog relevant and fresh, and sometimes I have a hard time finding new and interesting stuff to post. So when there is a serious lag in posts I apologize. Secondly, I just heard from MK a few days ago. He has settled nicely into his new Eastern digs and he's doing well despite his lack of internet. Posts from him will resume one day. Connect to the matrix bro.

OK...I got a gooder for your earholes today. Fuck Tower was a awesome (and young) band from Calgary. I never got to see them unfortunately, but members went on to help form Brain Fever, so if you're a fan of the feve listen up. From what I understand, they only ever recorded 3 songs and played a handful of shows...which is a damn shame. I would have loved to see this band grow...guaranteed this band would have been a powerhouse in Calgary.

As far as sound goes, I compare it to Thundrah a bit, but with less disco and more hardcore. Or Early North of America with a bit more of a dance fever. Or like...2 skinny punk kids in a basement trying to get a bunch of basketball jersey wearing bro-jocks to shake their hips instead of swing their fists. More Turkish Disco than Seeing Red. Get it?

Thanks so much to Nicholas for sending me this and letting me post it. It means a ton that people are willing to share their music.
~AB

No comments:

Post a Comment