Tuesday, February 8, 2011

End of a Year Self Defense Family - Caroline Corrigan Alternate Versions

This is becoming sort of a theme for me, but again, I apologize for the lack of posts. Life has been busy, busy, busy, but really fulfilling and awesome. Really though, you folks don't care about this stuff...so onto the tunes.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I really (really!) like End of a Year. They're an incredibly polarizing band, but something about them just clicks for me. You Are Beneath Me was probably my favorite album released last year, and Jeni Leigh continues to be my most played song. So I was really excited to hear that there was alternate versions of a few songs on the bands blog, even more interesting was the idea that Caroline Corrigan, an artist from Albany, was doing vocals. I'll admit it, upon first listen I was not hooked...but much like my first time hearing End of a Year, the tracks grew on me. Musically, the tracks are identical, but with the change in vocal style, the songs take on a totally different life with the smoother hooks. Definitely a much different delivery than what fans of the band will be used to, but still really awesome.

You have to respect a band for trying new things and playing with the idea of what is expected of them. Read their post on these tracks, it's really interesting, and full of the blunt honesty they've become known for. (See also: Fucking hilarious)
~AB

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, I checked out the EOAY post too and can't wait to listen to this, even if I end up hating it. I love musical experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us, so I came to give it a look. I’m enjoying the information
    iosh course in chennai

    ReplyDelete