Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ghost Throats #6: Flint - Clubhouse

Flint are maniacs. That's pretty much the best way to describe them: Maniacs. Every comparison falls flat. I didn't think after the death of Fuck the Tundra, that anything these members did afterwards could top the insanity of their previous band - but Flint are on another plane. They make the Locust look like hacks and Blood Brothers look like amateurs. I suppose that's what happens, geniuses born amidst the isolation of small towns, you take 90's pop culture, face paint, guitar wizardry, the most deft drumming ever, back hair, a vocalist who doesn't know whether he's singing or vomiting into the mic, stick all that in a blender and hit frappe - and you end up with this horribly delicious concoction that is Flint. I don't get it, I just drink from the cup of maniacs.

Download all their tracks to date on Bandcamp.
~KS

2 comments:

  1. Their set at the Brain Fever record release was absolute fucking insanity

    I think Im going to remember the guitarist pulling me out of the crowd and screaming "I CAN'T SWIM" in my face for a long time

    ReplyDelete