Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reprobates - Stress 7"

It’s been a long while since I’ve contributed anything to GGS, so I would like to make up for it by gifting ya’ll with Reprobates. I lose my marbles every time I listen to this absolutely underrated band, which is usually when I’m biking by the downtown bars and jerks try to get up in ma grill. No conversation about Canadian hardcore should be undertaken without mentioning the brief existence of Reprobates, a Torontonian five-piece. Aside from a few contributions to various compilations, they only released a whopping eight-minute 7” EP through No Way Records and were the finest of bands amongst the many who continually reach back to emulate the trashiness and speed of 80’s hardcore, but in a way better than most. Very fierce and a complete rager!
-AS

No comments:

Post a Comment