Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eeva - 7"

Ghost Throats is done! Huge success. Thanks to all the bands that played and all the people that made it happen. This means it's time for some new jams on GGS. I hope people dug hearing about some of Western Canada's raddest bands. I apologize for the poorly written post below...I seem to have forgotten how to do this.

I came across Eeva a few weeks ago while browsing around Bandcamp (by the way...that site is great. Bands, get with it and get off myspace). Eeva is a Russian band I don't know too much about, but I'm really digging what I'm hearing. Russia seems to have a pretty decent scene, but everything I've heard coming from there is very heavy and chaotic so it was nice to find something with a bit more groove to it. This 2 song EP (called a 7", but I can't find any evidence of a physical copy) is super solid. Musically it reminds me of Birds & Wires or possibly newer Daniel Striped Tiger but with more of a shouted/yelped vocal style. The bass and drums work really well together and give the album an urgent feeling without being too frantic. All in all just a really enjoyable 5 minutes of tunes. Download from the band's Bandcamp.
~AB

5 comments:

  1. From Russia with love.
    http://listentocrap.blogspot.com/2011/04/eeva.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! if you're still interested, this will be really a 7 inch EP consisting of five songs. The songs are now sent to the pressing plant so there is no doubt that physical copies will be aviable after a month or two. So the two songs on Bandcamp are uploaded just to show what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh killer! I'm really excited to get my hands on it. Will there be a North American distributor for it?
    Thanks so much for the info.
    ~AB
    Gonnagetsued

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, i do not know anything about how it will be distributed yet. Anyway, when these seven inches are ready, of course the rest of songs will be uploaded to the Bandcamp page, so don't forget to give them a chance too)
    and hey, thanks a lot for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete